My cheerfulness is contagious.
I have many choices to make on any given day. One of the major decisions I make is the mood that I portray throughout the day.
When I get up in the morning, I consciously opt to be cheerful. I am cheerful because it makes my life more fun and interesting. Plus, I make it through the day like a champ when I am cheerful.
But the really cool thing about my cheerfulness is that it spreads to those around me. I see that I can have a profound effect on those around me simply by choosing to be cheerful.
When I am cheerful, it challenges those who are grumpy. It is more difficult for others who are nearby to complain and be negative whenever I am in a cheerful mood.
I smile, compliment others, and take any bumps in the road in stride.
Being cheerful makes me feel like an emotionally stronger human being. I refuse to allow the Negative Neds and Nellies of the world to pull me down. Instead, I turn on the light in my eyes and grin.
I use an interested tone of voice. I show my good mood. And when I do, people around me do the same.
Today, I intend to remain cheerful all day. I notice how my cheerfulness affects others and I am pleased that I have the ability to make a positive impact on their lives.
I truly am a happier, more fulfilled individual because I choose to be cheerful and by doing so, I lead the way for others to be cheerful as well.
- Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind. – Aristotle
- Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. – Victor Hugo
- For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Cheerfulness is a very great help in fostering the virtue of charity. Cheerfulness itself is a virtue. – Lawrence G. Lovasik
- Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body. – Joseph Addison
1. How do other people’s moods affect me?
2. What is my mood like most of the time?
3. When I arise in the morning, do I reflect on my mood for the day?