David Frost, a British journalist and media personality, encapsulated one of the most important concepts of being successful: find something you’re truly passionate about and do it. If you feel strongly about something, no matter what it is, you’ll most likely enjoy perfecting your skills in that field and becoming an authority on your subject matter – fueling your success.
“Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.” –David Frost
Your chances of being successful greatly increase when you’re passionate about what you’re doing.
How to Apply David Frost’s Tip to Your Life
Once you discover your passion, all you have to do is just keep doing it to achieve success.
- If you loved to work on cars as a teen, figure out a way to continue your mechanical pursuits and get paid for them as an adult.
- If you’re passionate about baking cookies and cakes, bake plenty of these pastries and sell them.
You see, when you do what you love, you’ll enjoy the time you spend doing it. Plus, you’ll be compelled to experiment more with your chosen work and become better and better at whatever it is you’re doing. Your confidence will surge and so, too, will your success.
Try these tips to bring more of what you love into your work life:
- What do you enjoy most? If your current career isn’t one of your choices, then consider bringing one of your hobbies into your work life. By building a career around a beloved hobby, you’ll enjoy your work considerably; then work will be more like play. Rather than quitting your job to do your hobby, try building a side income with your hobby first.
- How can you monetize it? Determine several ways you can make a profit from your hobby. Could you sell what you make? Could you teach others your skills? Could you start a related business selling hobby supplies to others? Could you start a website where you discuss your hobby and sell advertising on it to bring in regular income?
- Get started. Whatever plans you make for turning what you love into your work, take action toward making it a reality. For example, if you want further education or certification in your chosen line of work, enroll in a class. If you’re going to sell what you make, make some items and sell them – you could use Craigslist, eBay, put up a website, and more.
Read More About: Top 10 Best Success Quotes